With the aim of promoting and facilitating filming in the territory and with the aim of stimulating and consolidating the cinematographic and audiovisual industry, thanks to the Consortium of Tourist Promotion of the Maresme coast, the Maresme Film Commission is created, a service at the disposal of the audiovisual sector and the towns of the region. It is there to help in the coordination and realization of filming in El Maresme.
Under the umbrella of the Catalonia Film Commission, the creation of a Maresme Film Commission will be a key factor in boosting the audiovisual industry and, at the same time, continue to nourish the vitality of the region, in order to turn the Maresme into a set on the audiovisual map.
The Maresme Film Commission is a service managed by the fil[m]aresme and run by people from the audiovisual and film production industries. Experienced in shooting, they have performed tasks of responsibility in local, national and international productions, in processing permits with the administration and private individuals, with the search and management of locations and coordination and technical management of film crews and with the rest of the phases of various productions, which allows us to have a global vision of the needs and demands of each shoot.
The Mareseme Film Commission (MFC) is a service that is available to the audiovisual sector with the aim of promoting and facilitating filming throughout the Maresme and to promote and consolidate the film and audiovisual industry and the services that are derived throughout the territory:
- Support for production companies to find locations.
- Advice and information for the processing of permits.
- Logistical support prior to and during filming.
- Bridge the void between producers and institutions.
- Connection with the local professional sector.
- Encourage an audiovisual network:
· Promote and dynamize productions in the region.
· Cooperate in exhibitions, festivals and other cultural and educational activities, etc.
· Collaborate and participate with schools and / or universities to create job boards, courses, projects, etc..